Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Cobby casting back near cylinder nos. 5 & 7. Gotta wonder what it looks like where you can't see. Or how even the distribution is.

I'd rather have a used Weiand or Edelbrock.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cobby casting back near cylinder nos. 5 & 7. Gotta wonder what it looks like where you can't see. Or how even the distribution is.

I'd rather have a used Weiand or Edelbrock.
You can see everywhere if you look right. Inside looks good enough no worse than the eddy intakes, still not cleaned it up inside tho so who knows what I'll find. Casting can hide some stuff until you start sanding.

·
Registered
14,748 Posts
I’ve used the Professional Products Typhoon on quite a few builds it works very well, it is more than less the same casting as the Pro Comp/Speedmaster. It is comparable to the Edelbrock Performer RPM.

Bogie

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I didn't notice the video when I made my comments above, so I just now watched part of it. Much poorer quality than I initially thought. 😕 The last Weiand and Edelbrock manifolds I bought looked like works of art compared to this POS, which looks like a cobbled together prototype.

Would be interesting to see a dyno test, but even if the Speedmaster performed well, I wouldn't buy it because it looks like crap and takes away business from Edelbrock and Holley.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't notice the video when I made my comments above, so I just now watched part of it. Much poorer quality than I initially thought. 😕 The last Weiand and Edelbrock manifolds I bought looked like works of art compared to this POS, which looks like a cobbled together prototype.

Would be interesting to see a dyno test, but even if the Speedmaster performed well, I wouldn't buy it because it looks like crap and takes away business from Edelbrock and Holley.
Fixed up it'll be just as good. My eddy intakes that I bought brand new myself looked like crap where it matters, on the inside. I've bought Weiand, Dart and World Products brand new intakes as well, that were A lot better than eddy or this speedmaster. I also have a used Procomp single plane that came on my project truck BUCK that looks fine.

My bet is Speedmaster sets aside it's rejects for major sales. Checked and they raised the price this year to $303 and then marked that down to like $181, basically the full price last year LOL Still I only bought it cause it was a vortec bolt pattern or I'd of used one of the many intakes I have.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
H
Still I only bought it cause it was a vortec bolt pattern or I'd of used one of the many intakes I have.
Man, I wish I would have kept some of my old intakes from the late 80s and early 90s. Had a pristine GM 350 Q-jet manifold. Also a Weiand 8004 that I bought new for $79! Not to mention Edelbrock 2101 Performer and 7101 Performer RPM. The 7101 is still a great manifold, according to even a Holley R&D guy I spoke with. I recall paying around $130 for it back during the 2001-2003 recession when Summit was sending me discount coupon codes every week or two!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts