Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well if you take out the Porsche, the TV, video games, nice floor the lift, the good lighting OH Hell pretty much gut it and knock it down to 12 X 24 you would have my shop.:drunk: :mwink:

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
A little small, and under furnished, but I guess it'd be OK for doing small engine repair stuff......

Taking Bets:
Guy has a CARDIAC when the first drop of fluid hits the floor.

Probably uses Perrier Water in the radiator. :boxing:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had thought about that type of flooring, but with all the seams if you spill something wouldn't you have to pull it up and clean under it?

·
Im trying to have an idea!
380 Posts
thats just new. if he a real "enthusiast" in a month it'll be all greasy, stained, and car would be parked outside when all the clutter has been moved in :spank:

·
Registered
23 Posts
concrete floor, home made peg board, used lift, air compressor, a few cabinets, and a zillion tools. put it all together and what do you get.....(drum roll)..... my garage for 30g's:thumbup:

jj

·
Registered
169 Posts
You guys just don't know anything about auto mechanics. You see:
1) The hose reel on the wall is for the tires. I have a neighbour come over and adjust the tire pressure while I play the slot machine.
2) The Lava soap and sink is for my cousin when he comes over to check my oil, while he's doing that I'm playing the video games.
3) The hoist (is that what it's called?) is to put my Porche on (the neighbour does that too) so all my buddies can marvel at the fine German engineering while we're watching F1 re-runs on the big screen and drinking yet another case of Cristal.

I've been a master auto mechanic for 5 years now, and if you don't understand how a garage should be laid out, or how to properly work on cars, then I suggest you go back to school. Porche's never break down, I've had a few that I just returned and puchased another when they wore out after two months. A clear indication of this is the light on the dash, but of course if you were mechanics you would know that.

Give the guy a break, he obviously likes cars and doesn't know enough about them to be anything but a poser (unless he has a real shop somewhere else). But I'll bet all his buddies love to hang out in his garage and play with his cool stuff. He's missing the posters of scantily clad women holding wrenches or draped across a car playing with power tools, now that would make it a shop.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
I like the picture showing the Porche AND the Mercedes parked in it.

God forbid that the lift break and fall on the car :mwink:

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's not a garage, it's a freaking entertainment center. All those electronics wouldn't survive long in my shop, what with battery acid, solvent fumes, and other assorted nasties. For all that money, it really does not have a lot of storage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it would be nice to have garage like that. but those of us that are married know that our wives would only let us have something that nice for a very short time. but home garages like that are proof that god loves us and wants us to happy.hahahaha

1 - 20 of 39 Posts