Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice looking car.

A freind of mine is German, I suggested he get the movie Cars for his son for Christmas since it's out on DVD now.
He said they went to see it in Germany, dubbed in German after they'd seen it here in English. Told him I could not imagine hearing "Mater" with a German accent.
He told me "Som tings, zey do not translate vell"

I told him I wanted a German DVD if he could get one. That's gotta be worth a laugh.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Nice car. Black works on that one. :thumbup: It looks like it needs a steering box though.

I wonder if Martine is on a softball team?
I could put one of those seawall jokes here, but I won't. :evil:

later, mikey

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have one of those "BOATS" [ its exactly 20 ft long] just happens to be the best riding car I have ever had,,[ as far as classics go,,,,] like floating on a cloud,, and she is right about the gas,, they will pass everything but a gas station [ It is black now]

Attachments

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Nice ride! Don't poke fun at the full size 60's Ponchos boys. :nono: I had a '67 Catalina with a high compression 400 2 bbl., TH400 and 2.29 gears, it pulled down 18-20 MPG on Sunoco 260 running 65 MPH and would bury the speedo in short order, it rode like a dream and would plow through snow drifts like a Cat dozer. I piled it into an embankment one rainy morning and totalled it. A friend of my girlfriend's Dad bought it and put the 400 in his '65 GTO convertible with Tri-Power on it.

There was a '67 2 + 2, which was a performance version of the Catalina, with a 390 HP 428, TH400 and 3.55 posi in town in the early 70's that gave a lot of the so called musclecars a good run for their money. I bet that old Bonnie motors right down the highway! :pimp: :cool:

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
That looks like a '65 or '66 ... I can't remember how to tell them apart any more.

A friend had a '65 Custom Sport ... 283 / Powerglide / Buckets / Console. Not a screamer by any means, but a nice ride nontheless.

It was a great car to take to the drive-in. :mwink:

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
At least somebody here understood her. I think I understood "Bonneville" and a couple others. :thumbup: It's good to see people around the world appreciate classic American iron. It's not always about the technology, it is however, all about the chrome. That thing has chrome inside and out. An elderly couple in town have a 63 (?) Galaxie, it's black with a white painted roof and loaded with chrome trim. Dual chrome antennas too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.