Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I am new too this part of things and I have a 2007 Jeep liberty that was flashing the lighting bolt on the dashboard on a guys Jeep but I have yet to see if it spit out any codes as have to get back with him to let him know what is showing up. His light came on and then went back off. From what I can gather it has something to do with the accelerator position sensor from the gas pedal or perhaps from the throttle body.

Please bear with me as I am kind of new to this modern stuff as I am used to cable operated gas pedals and carbureted stuff but know a lot of what is on modern stuff but testing is another beast. I have tried google and youtube and can't find much on how to test a gas pedal accelerator position sensor using a volt meter. From what I have gathered it should have six prongs on average and three prongs are one circuit and the other three prongs are the second circuit. I can't find anything else besides that and would like to be able to pull the pedal off and check it with my volt meter and I have tried to find a diagram and volt ohm range but can't come up with anything.

Can anyone out there help me out with some knowledge on what to do so I can see if its his pedal or throttle body that is going bad or perhaps a wire issue. Thanks guys

·
Administrator
8,458 Posts
Lightning bolt is a throttle body failure
accelerator sensor is a combo of 2 potentiometers.
Scan for codes.
Chances are the throttle body needs replaced.
Its common on those

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went out and hooked up my code reader and there was no codes showing. I was told while he was driving the Jeep it dinged real quick and the lightning bolt light came on and then went back off and nothing happened ever since. Thanks for that heads up and I will be looking to tell him he needs to replace his throttle body. Your help is much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts