Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
just wondering if anybody had any information on this tranny. Just the stock 5 spd NV3500 trannys that came with the s10's with the 4.3, i want as much info on these as possible, i i had no luck searching other places. thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just want to know the history of these tranny's and if anyone has experienced major problems with them. I want to use an NV3500 and take my th350 out of my s10 (its got a 4.3 vortec) only because the 3 spd gives me bad gas mileage. 3000RPM and i'll be doing close to 100k, so i want the 5 spd to lower the rpms on the highway, but like to know how these trannys perform as well.

ryan

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have one also. Not to hijack but I also want some knowledge about these. Mine is a "top loader" style...are all of them this way? I did find out there's different gear selector shaft styles, mine is a single bar. I think it would be the ticket for an early truck or car due to the shifter arrangement. I'd like to know if there's a way to determine the intended use by a code or set of #s. I also know they were offered in full size trucks as well. My version has a chevy V-8 style bell.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Originally a Getrag HM290, they became a 5LM60, and then the NV3500. 88,89,90 a lot of changes where made. NV3550 is the heavy Duty version.

New Venture Gear was formed when GM's Saginaw/Muncie merged with Chrysler's New Process. It's all now owned by Magna International Inc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.