Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im adjusting my valves right now I need to know if I set them to zero lash or how?this is how Im doing it.the lifters is pumped up except no. 2 intake ? no. 1 firing position adjusting ex.4-8 int.2-7 rotate the crank half a turn adjust.ex.3-6 int.1-8 rotate crank half a turn adjust ex.5-7 int.3-4 rotate crank half a turn adjust ex. 1-2 int. 5-6 Appreciate any help

·
Registered
12 Posts
The easiest way is to rotate the engine to fireing of no 1 and then tighten the rockers till the pushrod stops turninf freely and then tighten about one half turn, then rotate the crank 90 degrees and do the same for no 8 and so on and so forth.... hope it helps

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate the information. this thing is making my hair turn gray. already had to tear it down once , head gasket didn't seal. maybe it'll work this time, hopefully. never had this kind of problems before with a small block chevy. thanks again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bring #1 to tdc comp stroke and adjust intake 1-2-5-7 exhaust# 1-3-4-8 rotate one full turn and adjust intake#3-4-6-8 exhaust#2-5-6-7. Tighten 3/4 turn after 0 lash. There is a better description on the rbbo section that goes into more detail. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in for more trouble then I bargained for liquid larry I tried to experiment with 305 heads they bit me in the *** Im a poor man all ways trying to find cheapist way to go fast one time it works trial and errors thanks for info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts