Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 46' chevy fleetmaster buisness coupe. I have the engine stipped down to the head and block. I am fairly new at the restoration of an older vehicle such as this. Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction as to some of the things I should be thinking about doing next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Army Ranger.

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
I doubt there will be any rebuild kits for the engine as there arent any for the 262 I looked into rebuilding. You should definitely get the head rebuilt. An overhaul would be in order, youll probably have to take your own measurements and order parts by themselves. As for the body, the first step is to eliminate all rust and then go from there.

Oh yeah and spend a lot of time on here just like us.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Phillfam99 said:
I have a 46' chevy fleetmaster buisness coupe. I have the engine stipped down to the head and block. I am fairly new at the restoration of an older vehicle such as this. Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction as to some of the things I should be thinking about doing next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Army Ranger.
Check with Kanter Auto Parts for a complete overhaul kit for your engine. Should be pretty much all you need, except for a competent machine shop.

chevelle_502 said:
I doubt there will be any rebuild kits for the engine as there arent any for the 262 I looked into rebuilding. You should definitely get the head rebuilt. An overhaul would be in order, youll probably have to take your own measurements and order parts by themselves. As for the body, the first step is to eliminate all rust and then go from there.

Oh yeah and spend a lot of time on here just like us.
Kanter also has complete overhaul kits for the Chevy 262 engine.

Centerline

1 - 5 of 5 Posts