Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a tbi intake at a swap meet 2 weeks ago for a engine i am building. I did not notice untill i had it bolted to the engine that the thermostat hole is different from a standard thermostat???? The hole is about 1/8" bigger in diameter and about .050" or so deeper. Anybody know what the deal is with this?????? The bolt holes are a standard pattern for the thermostat housing, and the rest of the intake is a perfect match to a 88 intake. I looked in the catalog up to 95 and they all call for a standard thermostat.

This is a 88 chevrolet 350 "K" engine, 1 piece rear main, center bolt valve cover engine.

keith

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thermostat

K-star. Check what kind of gasket goes with the thermostat, It may be the rubber "O" ring type that is slotted to go around the thermostat which makes it a little bigger in diameter and your intake would be a little deeper. These are the type that are machine fit and do not call for a thermostat housing gasket.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

I'll have to look into that. My felpro book list the same gasket for all the small blocks from the begining of time. I'll ask at the parts store but that makes perfect sence to me...

Keith

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gasket

Thanks guys you were 100 % correct it uses a "O" ring.

My fel-pro book does not list one, I went to the local parts house last night and asked him to look it up. He started to get the standard gasket out and i told him that was not right. He was going to give me the I don't know what to tell you speach" and i noticed on the screen they had a "O" ring listed. So i asked him to get me that. They had one in stock and it worked perfect...... thanks again.

Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
"k" ENGINE

Whats Up, I Think That I Have The Same Motor As You. I Ahve A 83 Chevy Truck But The 350 Is Not The Factory Motor And I Have Tried To Research The Engine Vin But I Can Not Find Out What It Came Out Of. All I Know Is That At One Time It Was Efi, But Has Been Changed Over To Carb. Heres The Engine Vin K0617fbc But There Was A Nother Number Stamped There To Th7522620, The Only Thing I Know Is That It Came Out Of A 1987 Vehicle And Would Like To Find Out More About It. Like What Kind Of A Vehicle. If You Could Help Me I Would Be Happy.

Thanks Sammy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.