Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling a 350 out of a 78' buik and I am planning to rebuild it and use it in a kit car. I am a little unsure exactly what it is. Is this a chevrolet 350? Do I use chevrolet internal parts for this engine? I look around and see parts for chevrolet-ford-chrysler. I am confused. I am an ameture and want to learn. I know my way around a v-8 but I have never torn into one. PLEASE HELP! I was thinking of the Edlebrock RPM performer package but witch one????? :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
FIRST OF ALL, LOOK AT THE REAR OF THE ENGINE TOP SIDE WHERE THE BELL HOUSING MOUNTS, DRIVER SIDE, YOU WILL SEE A SET OF CASTING #`S WHAT ARE THEY? I CAN TELL YOU A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOUR MILL WITH THESE #`S

·
Registered
71 Posts
EDCROOZER IS CORRECT about the cast #s.
you can go to one of many sites to help you ind out what you have.
I use this one myself http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm

this site can also help you figure out what you have for heads if they are factory cast ones.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
323 Posts
buick made their own 350 V8 till 1978 you could have a buick engine If the distributor is in the front its a buick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Distributor is in the front.... Cast number is 1241748. Where can I find the numbers on the heads? Is it going to be hard to find parts for this cast?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kenne Bell racing has been into Buicks for ages. I cant find his site but I know he can help with all your questions. I`ll keep trying to find it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts