Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to this and have a few questions about my current project. I have a 1952 chevy 3600 216 I6 with 4 speed manual. I would like to keep the stock engine however it has a cracked block so I recently purchased a 250 I6 out of a early 1970's c-10. My questions were in regards to the transmission. Will my current transmission bolt up to my newer engine? I'm finding it hard to get an answer to my question. And also is it worth it to rebuild my current 4 speed manual or should I just buy one already rebuilt? I would like to keep it a manual. I'm not looking to make it a racer, just something to be able to drive on the highway and go to car shows in with the family. I appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
engine/trans

have u ck'd with "speedway" and see if they may carry a bell housing.. i know they carry other bell housings, like for the ford flaties v8 to a tremic trans. and ck out tremic and see if they have something.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Your 3600 should have an early SM420 4spd. It should bolt to a bell for a later SM465, but unknown if the input shaft will be right... A 73-87 SM465 would cost a couple hundred and should bolt right in. If your 3600 is closed driveline, you will need a new rear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips. I will check on the bell housing and yes it is a closed driveline so was already figuring on getting a new rear end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts