Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1997 Chevy 3500 dually with a 6.5 turbo diesel and i need to change the engine oil cooler lines because they are leaking. i have not owned a diesel until now so my knowledge is limited. can any one tell me the procedure for removing and replacing these lines? they appear to have a screw in adapter that the lines snap lock into at the engine block. i don't know if i should remove them at the adapter or try to unlock them at the snap lock. also is there enough room between the lines and the exhaust to get them off?

·
Licenced Automotive Technician
1,625 Posts
They unlock. There is a wire retaining clip that goes around the circumference of the adapter. You remove this clip (don't lose them!!) and pull the line out. The put the clips back in, and you just push the new lines in to install. Make sure you hear the "click" when you install the new lines, otherwise they will fall out and bye-bye oil!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.