Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Rebuilt an 833 last year. It turned out OK. Found a second at a swap meet last summer and was saving it for a project I'm currently working on. Unfortunately I lost the outer shifting lever. Evidently my shop ate it. Was going over recent posts and ran across someone saying that Jamie Passon may have parts. Can someone put me in touch with him or if someone has any parts they are willing to sale. Please let me know.

Thanks

·
Just stuck
435 Posts
Ok, thanks. Didn't know that. Is it the aluminum case like it was in the Dodge trucks? I know that some used the old style 833 in their GM cars but had to either machine or swap the input shaft to fit since it's shorter and a smaller OD for the pilot in the GM. Most Mopar guys don't care for the OD 833 from the Dodge pickups....

·
Just stuck
435 Posts
Dodge got the aluminum case in 76 for certain cars (Feature Duster) and also for the 'Miser' pickups and iirc, it was continued into the 80's. The light duty 3 speeds were still cast iron....but I don't recall any OD boxes with the cast iron case in the CDP lineup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.