Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I just put in a NewPort Engineering Wiper Motor into my '50 Chevy. But I'm not sure how to get the wiper transmission arms to *stay* onto the motor. :confused:

The kit comes with some plastic bushings and plastic washers. According to the instructions, the bushings fit into the transmission arms which in turn fit onto the shafts on the motor. I'm ok so far. The instructions then say to put the washers over the end of the motor shaft, sandwiching the transmssion arm bushings onto the motor.

The problem is the washers do not stay on the motor shafts and eventually, the transmission arms fall off. I'm thinking there should be some kind of C-clip, but there wasn't one in the kit and it's not listed in the instructions.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.
-alfie

I did some searching on the Web and Called NewPort....
FYI for anyone that doesn't know,
Use the original spring clip or 7/32" C-clips.

That was easy :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just had my wiper arms off and they were held on by a cuff link looking elongated washer with a spring between the two of them. After I re-read that I am not sure it makes sense, maybe somebody can explain it further.
Each washer slipped over the shaft and was held into a grove with the spring tension, I guess a c-clip would work but it would be harder to place and remove! Look in one of the parts catalogs for a photo, they should be the same on all GM's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts