Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are wondering if it is at all possible to put a carbeurated motor in a fuel injected engines place... is there alot of things I will have to convert over or is this something that just is not possible... We have had this vehicle in our possesion for around 6 months now and no one in the Nevada MO. area seems to know what they are talking about when I ask them what all it will take to do this, if possible, cause the answers that I get do NOT add up. Does anybody know what would be a good motor to stick in the place of the 2.8 Fuel injected that was in there if it can not be converted over to carbeurated engine?

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Sure, swaps like this go on all the time. However, It would not be wise to reinstall a non computer controlled 2.8, can you say slug?
You could use a carbed 4.3 V6, it should be a fairly straight swap since blazers and s10`s came with them, but if it were me I would stick with the injection, since you already have it, it makes it easier than to spend the money and the time to convert it over. Some even throw small blocks in these vehicles, tell us what you would like to install, and I`m sure many on here can tell you what you`ll have to have and then you can decide if it`s worth it. My question is, what`s wrong with the engine and injection it has?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For your Question...

We have the old motor in the shop here... it had a hell of a knocking to it and the boss man had decided it would be better to just put a new motor in the place of it... I thought that tearing the bottom off of it and replacing bearings and all would fix it at a reasonable price for him... He said it was too much for him to spend on a motor... so he spent $200 dollars on this new motor... well he had a guy from here take out the old motor and when he did he jacked the fuel injection and all kinds of things off of it... well anyhow, my bosses wife gave this clown the money to get another FUEL INJECTED motor that was cheap, the one stated above... well it was a carbeurated motor out of an old S-10 pickup... SO now we have a parted fuel injection motor and a carbeurated motor in our shop and I ain't really got the know how to put the puzzle pieces together to trade the places of the two... you think I ought to sell the pair... one good and one for junk and just get a new F.I. motor??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts