Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled what seems to be an original engine out of a 1992 Yukon 4x4. The last three of the numbers on the block are "TPA" also. I bought a NEW replacement engine made by General Motors. I think the engine was made to replace 1988 to 1998 Standard SBC with 210 Horse Power. Can anyone tell me more about this engine... Four Bolt main? Heads? CC size and valve size... I know I can take it apart and look.... I have other things that need my attention first...

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders. You posted to a very old thread, I moved your question to a new thread . Members there have not been around for years.

·
More for Less Racer
20,947 Posts
K0104TPA decodes to this:
K= St Catherine, Ontario, Canada engine plane(McKinnion Industries Canada)
0104 - date code, Month/Day 01=January, 04=4th day
TPA - application code....but I could not find "TPA" in any of the databases I know of, but not unusual for codes to be yet unlisted.

Should be 4 bolt main(not garanteed though), cast crank, cast piston, 64cc chamber head, 1.94"/1.5" valve sizes but the head would be of the Swirl Port family, with half of the valve bowl cast blocked shut.....these are a low rpm, towing head only.
Block probably has cast provisions for the factory roller cam, like the replacement engine, but trucks still got flat tappet to save cost.

We could learn a little more from the block casting number on drivers side bellhousing mounting lip, and the head casting number from underneath the valvecovers, between the rocker arm pairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.