Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A Learning Hobbist
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I be able to put a 305 from a 1990 chevy caprice into a 79 Chevy pickup? I know that the 305 should bolt right in. The 305 is a fuel injected engine, would there be a place to put a fuel pump, or can I get a fuel pump for this? Also, would the intake from a 350 carbureted engine fit on that engine?

Thanks,
Steve

This is going into a 79 Chevy Truck K10
4x4
th350

·
Registered
4 Posts
the engine will work but the 4 center bolts in the intake will be diffarent one is angled one is straight up and down electric fuel pumps are easily found at any pARTS STORE CAN BE MOUNTED JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE edlebrock makes an aftermarket intake that will alow you to put a carb on the newer motor hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
the engine will work but the 4 center bolts in the intake will be diffarent one is angled one is straight up and down electric fuel pumps are easily found at any pARTS STORE CAN BE MOUNTED JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE edlebrock makes an aftermarket intake that will alow you to put a carb on the newer motor hope this helps
Better off with a 350 carb if your looking for period correct

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Ok a 90 caprice should be tbi.

Keep the tbi on the thing just leave it stock.

Use a fuel tank from a 87 pickup. This is the first year of tbi and the tank bolts right in. The fuel pump is the correct pressure for tbi and tge sending unit will work with your existing fuel gauge.

To run the tbi you need a computer and a bit of programing.

Affordable fuel injection can sell you a harness and programed ecm to run the tbi standalone for $500. It is a plug and play thing at that point to run it stock. You will need to tap your exhaust for the o2 sensor if you do not use the caprices or one from a 87 -91 squarebody.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.