Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a Zl1427 has the newer block but has all of the 69 Zl1 internals 12:1 compression 074 heads fully studded ect built solid and correct I’m operating the 5535 L88 cam all gm oem numbered parts I’m running the K66 ignition with a over counter ball bearing distributor. My problem is timing marks I can’t get a setting using a timing light I can set by what it likes but not factory settings if I do she won’t run and it loves plenty of advance the distributor has no vacuum advance only mechanical like the DZ302 The Zl1 and L88 has no vacuum advance only a dummy advance unit can someone tell me how can I set the advance unit for the street now I have no problems but I want to be safe not harming my engine it’s installed in a 66 impala ss 2800 stall gears are 3:08 but I want to install 3:31 gears and position any other help would be appreciated thankyou. Lance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.