Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, fresh sb Chevy 383 stroker fired for the first time today, video will be posted later. Got the engine timed, carbs adjusted, running strong, but when I turn the key off, the engine continues to run. Any ideas?

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
What exactly do you mean continues to run? Running like you just started it and it is actually running. Or like the timing is off and is just sitting there turning over trying to run........Cole

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Timing is set at 30 degrees due to the 250 shot of nitrous, compression is 10.5:1, running 93 octane fuel. when I say it continues to run, I mean it stays running just the same as after it fires up, it isn't dieseling, it just stays running.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, didn't see Vinces post til my fat fingers hit send! I'm 99% sure that's gonna be the fix! Now, the next question is, is the excitor wire the wire that runs to the battery, or do I have to pull the alternater apart? Thanks, you guys are the best!!!

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Is the electric fan connected to the fuse box? If so it`ll continue to run after shutting the switch off for about 5 seconds. I used to do that trick just to blow peoples minds, I`d step out of the car and point at it and it would shut off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.