Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mickey
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever seen an original rear sump pan for a v8 that the pan is notched out and wraps around the steering linkage? A guy has one I can buy. I have checked all the ways to convert 63 nova from 6 cyl. to v8 , but no body ever mentioned this one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In 68 I put a 327 in a 62 chev II . In addition to the front sump pan, special pump and pickup. you will also need a pump drive shaft. It needs to be shorter than the others. I shortened my old one but they make a shorter version. I did use the original canister filter. The blocks are listed as being different but it is because of a boss for the clutch cross shaft being in a unique place on the frame. I fabed a short plate to move foreward the pvot ball. For some reason I seem to remember also needing an oil pan baffle and the oil pump pickup tube mounted to one of those studs.

·
Administrator
18,633 Posts
Yes, there were aftermarket pans with the notch.......I also remember seeing one that had a pipe through the pan where the linkage could travel....not sure, but that may have been home made.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check out http://www.stevesnovasite.com

great site for ChevyII Nova's.

Moroso makes a pan for the 1st gen Novas.

m4696 said:
Anybody ever seen an original rear sump pan for a v8 that the pan is notched out and wraps around the steering linkage? A guy has one I can buy. I have checked all the ways to convert 63 nova from 6 cyl. to v8 , but no body ever mentioned this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.