Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah i know alot of guys here wont take kindly to this question but here goes
i wanna build a fast car for cheap ive got a chevy 350/auto transmission and i can get a 83 mustang for $100 anyone know how to make them work together?

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
You just made my day..........Centerline will be so PO'd........... :D

Actually, I would trade it for a Ford 5L................The parts are just as cheap and you will have a much easier time of it .......

Was it a 4 cyl or 5L car?..........Hopefully so....... A v6 car will need the "K" member changed.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
That would be pretty funny... "Whatcha got in that thing, a 5.0?" "Nah, it's a 350." Make sure you put some 8-350 badges on the fenders and a big blue bowtie in the grille in place of the Ford emblems if you manage to get it in there.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its not worth the trouble, you'd be better off putting it in a light gm car or trading the 350 for a 5.0. You will need a custom driveshaft, you'll want to change the differential anyway, speedometer cable won't fit, custom mounts... In fact if you want a cheap fast 79-93 mustang I'd reccomend finding one with a v8 already in it, they do turn up cheap and in the end will cost you less money and trouble.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
ive seen a few with 406 sbc's, never really paid much attention on how they were put in, i think your better off getting an s10, they have alot of accessories for em and their lightweight and on the road if it dont run circles around a mustang, its your fault

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,303 Posts
I would think the toughest part would be finding a front sump pan for the SBC. I think it will cost more than buying a 5.0, but go for it. I was going to put a ford 5.0 in an Olds Cutlass but the oil pan thing was what held me up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
curtis73 said:
I would think the toughest part would be finding a front sump pan for the SBC. I think it will cost more than buying a 5.0, but go for it. I was going to put a ford 5.0 in an Olds Cutlass but the oil pan thing was what held me up.
they make k-members to put Sbc's in foxes, many people do the swap, just google it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.