Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I currently have an 89 caprice chevy 4 door (police edition). I recently split my differential case in half at the left side bearing. I have been told that is a common problem for those cars. I know that i have 30 spline axles and 5 on 5 bolt pattern. I also know that it had the 342 gear ratio. I really wanna put a limited slip differential in my car with some 373 gears. The catch is that i dont wanna spend 450-500 dollars after i buy the ring and pinion gears. First question: are there any vehicles out there that came with 28 spline axles with the 5 on 5 lug pattern? i can get a limited slip given to me from a friend but it is for the 28 spline axles. secondly: i was thinkin about putting a chevy impala rear end in that car. I read up on it and they came with a limitd slip differential and 373 gears. will that rear end from a 92-96 impala bolt up to my 89 caprice existing location? I can get a whole rear end from an impala for 300. I would much rather do that. I am lost. PLease help me figure this one out. A friend of mine said he had a mechanic put a 96 impala rear end in his 88 caprice but he doesn't know if he made any modifications to anything in the rear end. The mechanic is in jail so i cannot ask him what he did either.:boxing: This car is kickin my butt!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts