Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have what I am led to believe a older chevy dropout center rearend like a Ford 9". It has 4.56 posi and Strange axles. It has been a super rearend with lots of power and shifting put to it without problems. I have to narrow a rearend for a 4-link project and need advise as to whether to narrow this one or build a Ford 9". This one will only cost me about $250 at Moser and the 9" would be many times that. What exactly is this chevy and would it be worth it? Like I said, it is very simular to the Ford 9" in appearance and has 3.375" X 2.625" housing ends. The matching one on a housing ends identification chart says it is a big chevy.

·
Registered
960 Posts
fredbaker said:
No, it has no removable cover and pinion.

I think, on that site, the third member you're looking for is GM 55P. 55-64 Chevrolet,62-64 Nova/Chevy II, 55-62 Corvette (I think that's the years). Go to BruneauPerformance.Ca (a Canadian site) and hunt around, he has the stuff to really beef up these rear ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.