Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Customer Service number for the US is 1-800-222-1020. Canada is 800-263-3777 for Canada, and Internationally, 904-444-2566. A shipping charge may apply.

Or write:
GM Customer Service
Chevrolet
P.O. Box 33170
Detroit, Michigan 48232-5170

Ask for a Restoration Packet. Have the VIN of the vehicle that you are requesting the info for along w/a mailing address. EST hours are: 8 am- 5:30 pm M-F.

The information you will receive will depend on the year, make and model. When I last used the service, they were sending the info on the exact year, make and model that was requested, i.e. 1981 Chevy Camaro. I’ve read that some info is for all models of a particular year, like shown HERE, and that just the VIN and the year was all that was asked for.

In any event, there's a good amount of technical info.

Attachments

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,190 Posts
cobalt327 -- I just saw that you had started a wiki article on this; nice. I just worked on it too. Did you have to pay $50 for yours? I'm seeing different reports on the prices. I linked up to the Stovebolt.com article that mentioned a $50 fee as of early 2009, with a note that we need to confirm or verify that. Can we get that pic of yours in the article too?

Anyway, here's the current revision: Chevrolet restoration packets. Please edit/update accordingly.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jon said:
cobalt327 -- I just saw that you had started a wiki article on this; nice. I just worked on it too. Did you have to pay $50 for yours? I'm seeing different reports on the prices. I linked up to the Stovebolt.com article that mentioned a $50 fee as of early 2009, with a note that we need to confirm or verify that. Can we get that pic of yours in the article too?

Anyway, here's the current revision: Chevrolet restoration packets. Please edit/update accordingly.
Great job, Jon!

The last time I used the service was around 2006, IIRC. I paid nothing for any of the packets I received- I'm in the US, though. I believe Canadian and International requests may have a fee. As said, the fees might have been instated for ALL requests. After the holidays, I plan on contacting them again to update the requirements and fees.

Pontiac used to offer similar info, also included was info on the vehicle's build sheet and other hard to find info- this was always charged for. I looked around and see nothing that indicates this service is still offered by Pontiac, and w/their imminent demise it's not too likely to ever be offered again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.