Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 83 2wd S10, 350, bored, stroked, xe284s cam, rpm intake, 4 brl elderbrock carb, right now it has 600 model I would like to step up to a 750, but all I had was the 600,someone stole my demon I had, they must have thought I didn't need it anymore. I stuck a toyota rear axle in it and put a spool and 410 gears inside it. The best it did in the 8th mile was 7.1, I would like to see it get in the low 6's or high 5's, I do drive this truck every day when the weather is nice, it never see's rain or snow.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board.........hope you enjoy the site. :welcome:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sweet Racing said:
I have a 83 2wd S10, 350, bored, stroked, xe284s cam, rpm intake, 4 brl elderbrock carb, right now it has 600 model I would like to step up to a 750, but all I had was the 600,someone stole my demon I had, they must have thought I didn't need it anymore. I stuck a toyota rear axle in it and put a spool and 410 gears inside it. The best it did in the 8th mile was 7.1, I would like to see it get in the low 6's or high 5's, I do drive this truck every day when the weather is nice, it never see's rain or snow.
Going from a 7.1 to a high 5 is going to take a serious increase in power and traction. In quarter mile terms that's like going from 11 flat to a 9.20.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Sweet Racing said:
i would stick with the 600, maybe jet it up. ive used both and the 600 has a better response on take off. why did you use a toyota rear axle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts