Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, having trouble with my truck. just installed a new hei distributor with vacume advance and 50000coil on my 350. the motor is 10.25 to 1 comp. intake, holley 600 vacume sec., headers, 202heads.1.5 roller rockers. all recently installed. it was originally timed at 4 btdc. it was sugested to me to set timing with a vacume gauge. i found my best vacume at 14btdc at reading of 18 on gauge. from there i set advance curve. i was in at 1000rpm all in at 4200rpm 40 degrees. i added another 10 with adjustable vacume at 5500. the truck ran great. my problem is i discovered i had left a vacume line unhooked on the intake. when i hooked it back up the motor ran really rich and my advance changed to in 1600 all in 3000. i could see and smell fumes easy. it still seems strong. but not as fast. also my elec fuel pump is at 9psi and carb is adjusted only 1 turn out .new plugs and wires in good shape. ??? does the loss of vacume create the problem or is the extra air thining the mixture and my carb is the culprit. not sure where to look. thanks jerry

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
I would start from scratch as you had an induced lean condition with the vacuum hose off.

Start over

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts