Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the original horn(s) for my car ( 64 Fairlane). Are there cool after market ones out there? I'm not interested in air horns. You street rod guys with very little extra room under the hood, what do you use?
Thanks
Duane

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't know if this helps your situation, but I'll be ordering a Wolo "Bad Boy" horn next week.

DUAL TONE AIR HORN
118 Decibels-530/680 Hz
Size: 2-1/2" W x 4-1/2" L x 4-1/2" H

A lot of people are mounting them on motor bikes, since that is what they are designed for. Check out Youtube to see how they get mounted and what they sound like.

·
you can never know to much
102 Posts
I have a $10 air horn from Harbor Freight, I haven't got to hear it yet though, so I may toss it when I hear it.

I have always wanted a "DIXIE" horn like the General Lee, in the Dukes of Hazzard, a couple places sell them for a little less than $100, I believe (the price is what kept me from buying one..) ;)

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
A 6-volt Volkswagen horn is quite loud and annoying when run on 12 volts. Wakes up sleepy old people and cellphone jockeys like nothing I've seen of similar size. Two of them would really be obnoxious, since the frequencies don't always exactly match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.