Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
For starters pick up Tex Smith's How to Chop Tops. That one and there are others that will make good reference reading, will give you a much better idea about how to proceed than we can over the net. Once you read that book then you can ask some specific questions and we can give specific answers.

Centerline

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Checked out the book

And ordered it and a book on metal forming..Since I have a big top chop and sectioning job to do those will be very useful..:thumbup: :thumbup:

OMT

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
'49 Merc top chops are very common so I would expect there may be an in depth "How To" article in one of those books.

Centerline

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
chopping

Well Dave is doing the 49...I am doing something way different..but any way I looked at the book and ordered it..

Not exactly an in depth on any particular car but an in depth book on layng out the chop and making the windows fit and all that..I think the books are good for general guidance but then one will need to make "adjustments" on his particular car to make it look good..

Hopefully will be cutting metal in about 2 weeks..

OMT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.