Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a driver and I'm trying to figure out what wheels to buy. I'm looking for 17"x7" front and 18"x10" rear. 1952 GMC on a S10 frame. :nono:

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
It depends on what you like. Chrome looks good but can start peeling in time but are fairly easy to clean. Polished aluminum wheels look nice too but are a PITA to keep looking good. If you live in a cold weather climate where you get snow and they treat the roads with salt, get a set of cheaper wheels to use and save your chrome or aluminum wheels for nice weather.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Both have their benifits. Chrome is really hard. It wipes clean easy. But it peels after awhile and cannot be repaired without a rechrome. 225-250 to rechrome. Polished aluminum can be easy to clean, depending on if they have a clear coat on them. If not, they are a pain. But with the right wheel polish (mothers billet, blue somthin...) They are fairly easy. Mothers sells a powerball to hook up to a drill. Polishes easier.
I'd go polished personally. More easily repaired, painted ect. You cannot paint chrome. Hope that helps..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.