Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago a friend of mine had an old Chrysler that had a light on the dash that said "cold" and lit up when the engine was started, then went off as the car warmed up. I'm wondering where I can find one of these temp sensors for my car. My 1984 Cutlass was a diesel and I want to hook this to the "Wait" light on my dash to mess with my friends. Any idea what the sensor is and where I can find one?

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
My 62 Pontiac had the cold light also....I am pretty sure it was built into the temp sensor, it had connections for 2 wires, one to each light I believe. This may be it......

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 62 Pontiac had the cold light also....I am pretty sure it was built into the temp sensor, it had connections for 2 wires, one to each light I believe. This may be it......

Hey, thank you for the reply. You may be right on that sensor. I'm going to check into it more and see if it fits the bill. I guess several cars back in the sixties had a cold light, huh?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Another option might be the Airtex 1T1132 for the ‘65 Ford Galaxie. It has 2 terminals, but no documentation of how it works. However, that was apparently the first year of the Ford cold light in the dash.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.