Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MOPAR Guy
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '77 Jeep CJ 7 that I've been rebuilding from the ground up, I plan to use it as a daily driver, so I want it to have good gas mileage as well as some real V8 punch when I need to show one of those punks with the sewer pipe exhaust tipped imports who's boss... Right now I'm having a hard time deciding on an engine. I want something inexpensive to build up, good economy, plenty of aftermarket parts, and can be repaired with parts down at the local auto parts store. The three options I'm looking at right now are the Chevy 350, Chevy 454 or 427, or the MOPAR 383. Which engine would fit this criteria best?

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
350 hands down...but i would bore it .030 over and put a 3.75 stroke crank in it and build a 383, wont kill your gas milage and tons more power as long as you dont take it much over 6500 rpm which i assume you wont in a jeep but i praise the 383's and its a smallblock chevy so parts and reliability are no problem :p thats my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.