Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic 1973 Duster. Slant 6 engine, ran when parked. Stored in a shed since 1980 making this one a real barn find. A bargain for some lucky Mopar fan out there to restore and cherish. I know what the NADA guide says these are worth and I saw one go for 25,000 on Ebay last month so no low ballers. Needs a little rust repair but I think most of it will buff right out.

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,519 Posts
you sure it's for sale? last time i ran by there, the owner said he was going to restore it. of course it was 1981

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,467 Posts
you sure it's for sale? last time i ran by there, the owner said he was going to restore it. of course it was 1981
He finally realized he was never going to get to it, so figured he would pass it along to someone else now. Hardly any rust when parked, but had a light hit in the rear.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Classic 1973 Duster. Slant 6 engine, ran when parked. Stored in a shed since 1980 making this one a real barn find. A bargain for some lucky Mopar fan out there to restore and cherish. I know what the NADA guide says these are worth and I saw one go for 25,000 on Ebay last month so no low ballers. Needs a little rust repair but I think most of it will buff right out.

It did run when parked but it was also in a movie we've all seen.
You know the one where the car gets pushed of the top level of the parking structure by a truck full of bad guys,

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,429 Posts
The sad part is this happens to a LOT of cars saved by people. They cover it with a tarp water gets in and can't get out and it rusts WAY worse than if they left it uncovered. There was a 68 Camaro near me in a back yard that ivy grew over, I literally couldn't see it anymore, at all!

Sad, we have to draw the line when realistically thinking about stuff and sell it or something. But to store it when there is no way we will ever touch it, let someone else enjoy it.

Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,429 Posts
The guy wants to know how to adjust the gaps in his doors dont you have a basics of basics for that?:mwink:
I am thinking he needs to read through Johns build and then get started!

Brian

·
Grand Prix user
5,445 Posts
It would be fun to watch them pick that whole driveway mess up all at once with an electromagnet.

·
More bucks, go faster!
1,074 Posts
Looks like a great find!! I'm seriously thinking of putting a bid on it. One problem though, because I'm not as skilled with metal patching as some of you guys are and because my local paint and body supply doesn't stock what I want, is, does anyone know where I can buy Bondo in a 55 gal drum?

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Slow but willing learner
5,389 Posts
Looks like a great find!! I'm seriously thinking of putting a bid on it. One problem though, because I'm not as skilled with metal patching as some of you guys are and because my local paint and body supply doesn't stock what I want, is, does anyone know where I can buy Bondo in a 55 gal drum?

Interesting you brought that up BB. This was drawn when I built my English wheel and bought a rust bucket 50 Ford conv out of a field 25 years ago to practice on. :mwink:

Surely my friends weren't making fun of me. :mwink:
John

·
Grand Prix user
5,445 Posts
Where can I get some of those capital As like his, to set my project on?:confused:

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Interesting you brought that up BB. This was drawn when I built my English wheel and bought a rust bucket 50 Ford conv out of a field 25 years ago to practice on. :mwink:

Surely my friends weren't making fun of me. :mwink:
John

Sounds like people have been picking on you your whole life John. Did you ever put wheels on that milk crate? People just dont understand the concept of why buy when you can make it yourself, do they? Frugality is so misunderstood. I stand with you Bro...

·
More bucks, go faster!
1,074 Posts
I'll say they were making fun. The artist forgot to draw the rest of your hair...;)
Quit picking on John!!!As you can clearly see in his picture, he has most of it laying on the bench top under the window. Probably freshly cleaned and ready for reattachment.

Give John a break!!

(I'll stick up for you Buddy!)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts