• GT40

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Enzo

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
If we are talking straight out choices only and not the money aspect of it I would take the Enzo anyday.Now make it tough,Enzo,McLaren F1,or the Porsche Carrera GT.The Ford GT is tough,although it is not the GT40.The GT 40 is tradmarked for the old Le Mans racer.The new one is called the Ford GT.Throw the Saleen S7 in there and that puts the GT on even playing field.Oh man,I am gonna go and get one of each cars listed.But that Ford is tough,it was starting to sound like I was killing it.Favorite exotic,Callaway Sladgehammer Corvette.Twin Turbos @ 880 HP,254 mph,on an 88 Vette.Sweet.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
The Ford S7R (600hp)

will smoke the GT-40 (500hp).

The 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette is very fast but I'm surprised they couldn't beat the top speed of the 1938 Mercedes-Benz W125 Record 269.1 mph. Ofcourse the Corvette will out handle the old Mercedes.

The newest car that's suppose to take claim as the fastest production vehicle is the 2003 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron with a top speed of 252.3 mph 1,001hp!!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
i recently saw an Enzo and it was very impressive. however, i've always said my fav. car is the GT40, and i'll have to vote for that.

you've got to remember that the GT40 will do 200mph, kicked *** @ Lemans and it's now pushing 40yrs old.

JB

·
Registered
55 Posts
aparently the s7 can burn all the cars out there but most people dont realize how fast it is.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm pretty sure the S7 uses a chevy powerplant, a pretty ****** LS6 if I'm not mistaken. Given a choice, I'd take the S7 over the others. It's prettier than the bugatti and would put the hurt on the Enzo and the GT. Just between the Enzo and GT, I'd take the GT, just because I like it more.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
The S7 motor. 550hp 520

Although the casting is based on a traditional Ford design, it was completely re-engineered by Saleen to be eight inches shorter than the block on which it was based.

ENGINE

• Type: All-Aluminum V-8 2V cam-in-block
  • Displacement: 427 c.i.d. (7.0 liter)
  • Bore and Stroke: 4 1/8" x 4.0" (104.8 x 101.6 mm)
  • Pistons: Forged
  • Connecting Rods: EN40B billet steel
  • Crankshaft: 4340 forged billet steel
  • Induction system: Roof intake feeding twin 80mm mass air meters feeding carbon fiber plenum. Magnesium oval bore throttle body (longitudinally mounted). Intake manifold: magnesium w/ 8 individual runners.
  • Heads: CNC machined all-aluminum Saleen high flow
  • Valves: Stainless steel with titanium retainers. Intake: 2.125" (54.0mm). Exhaust: 1.625 " (41.3mm). Beryllium exhaust seats.
  • Valve train: Hydraulic roller lifter/roller rocker
  • Exhaust System: Stainless steel high flow with merge collector incorporating dual catalysts per cylinder bank and EGR system

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Saleen is a seperate company.Steve Saleen founded it.Just like Lingenfelter did with Vettes.Saleen did with Mustangs.Then he got a wild hair and impressed the hell out of the automotive world.I dig that he pulled it off.They are truly a beautiful car worthy of the exotic monicer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts