Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just need one final confirmation before I go ahead and do this. I am about to clean the protective grease stuff off my cranksahft that it was covered in for shipping. The best method for this I have been told is brake cleaner and compressed air, please correct me if I am wrong because I want to have it perfectly clean the right way before installing.

Thanks alot for any help,
Keith :) :)

·
Its just metal,you're the boss
264 Posts
2+2 cleaner/degreaser i believe its called. i always just reffered to it as 2+2. the stuff works wonders. we go through cases of it. its a little pricy but well worth it

·
Registered
72 Posts
cleaner

We always just used mineral spirits to clean everything. Just make sure its fresh and clean....JMHO............GlennK

·
Registered
5 Posts
- The best cleaner ever made is "Zep" Brake Clean. It is a non chlorinated self drying cleaner that works with just about everything, some other brands of brake clean are not as good they are more like a quick drying solvent. But this stuff is mostly alcohol and it literally rips off oil and greases and leaves no residue but a dry surface. When you use it, use rags and then Blow it off with the air gun. Trust me I use this stuff to clean everything when it comes to working on stuff. My dad even uses this stuff working on Fire Department Rigs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts