Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about it? Can you shoot a clear coat over a decal? I mean i know you can. Cause Harley does it. But can i do it on my tanks? Can i have it done i mean?
Thanks!
Slider in Wa.

·
8,453 Posts
That's what I do using my good old catalyzed urethane. Works great! In fact, I haven't found anything, including styrene plastic model cars, that catalyzed urethane can't be sprayed on with superior results.

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
willys , i can`t spell that cat word. But thanks. I`ll now be able to at least look it up and read about it. I want(MY WIFE SHE) to paint the 5 gal fat bobs mother of pearl white. However i want to place those way cool halloween color decals on them (Orange and Black, and gold ) on frist
Slider in Wa.

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knew it was a simple matter of money. You do know that H.D. Stands for Hundres of dallors!!!
Slider in Wa.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Ain't that the truth! Like Willy's said it can be done. Just lay the first coat of clear with your pearl on, let it cure and put on the decal and lay the clear over that. One coat will be like stock HD tanks and 2-4 can make it smooth as glass with a bit of wetsanding and buffin'.

I had a vision earlier, not sure if your wife would like it, but I really do, and it would solve your wheel troubles too. I'm sendin ya an e-mail with details :D

HK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts