Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Any one out there do a 351 Cleveland engine swap into a sn95 (1994 - 1998)mustang? We have a fresh Cleveland looking for a home.
Are you stuck on a Mustang? There are lighter cars that might be an easier swap and make a faster ride. Are you a pretty fair welder/fabricator?

Begin the Mustang research by putting (SN95 Mustang 351C swap) into google search, start reading and taking notes.

·
www.generationhighoutput. com
897 Posts
94-95 will be 5.0L, 96-98 will be 4.6L unless it's a base model then they'll be a 3.8L v6 no matter what the year. The easiest way to tell them apart by year externally is that the 94-95 have horizontal 3-bar tail lights, where the 96-98 have more traditional vertical 3-bar tail lights. The 4.6L is without a doubt dimensionally larger than the 351c. It's a big engine, even with just the single cammer heads, so the K-member should sit low enough to accomdate the 351c.

I've never heard of it being done, but more power to you. If you started with a 96+ you're going to end up with a car that can handle a big, heavy engine hanging off the front. You'd still be within shooting distance with a 5.0L model, the 351c isn't that much bigger. I'd avoid the v6 though, it's got a weak rear end and softer springs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car is a 97 that came with the 3.8 V6 / t5 / 7.5

In the past I built a 83 Fox body with a 460 / C6, presently I have a 70 Mustang coupe with a Powerdyne supercharged 351 Cleveland 4V CJ / T5.

Love the Clevelands.

I figure that a 97 V8 crossmember will be needed, read somewhere that with the stock motor mounts would make the Cleveland sit to high but there are companies that offer lower motor mounts. Special headers may be required.

We just want something different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.