Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the club on a whim just to get a cool cap and a newsletter. I get a few newsletters that looked like advertising for nascar, cool with me. They send my membership card and certificate of membership, with my name mispelled.

You'd think that a huge company like that would at least verify spelling before they send out things like that. All my life I've had to correct people when they put a T in my last name. It's SOCKWELL not sTockwell.

It's bad enough that I had to endure Stinkwell, Suckwell, Stickwell, Sookywell, Snackwell and a host of other crap when I was a kid. Now I have to correct someone that is supposed to be smarter than me on how to spell a word that is printed right in front of them. I want to break something.

Larry

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
It's SOCKWELL not sTockwell. And how deep is that sock well? j/k, and I bet it's not the first time you heard that one.
:D P.s. My x's daughter was always running out of socks, 10 years old, I went through her closet and bedroom, found 78 pair of socks! :spank: Dan

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
my last name is peterson. when i was in 2nd grade this 3rd grader told me that really, my last name was (male reproductive organ)son.

you can prolly figure it out, hope it's not too inappropriate, I didn't use the clinical term.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
killerformula said:
just call them up and have them change it dude! They'll do it for you-

K
I did. Now I have to wait for two more months to have my name spelled correctly on the dang certificate.

I am looking forward to some if the clinics they're supposed to schedule this year. It'll be nice to meet some of the big names behind the scenes in engine building.

Larry

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
There is guy named Mike Hunt in my speech class. How you like to have that name?
If there really is a dude named Mike Hunt....that WOULD suck. We used to have the guards at the swimming pool page that dude daily..."Mike Hunt to the office...I need Mike Hunt in the office...Mike Hunt you are needed up front"
Hahahaha!!!!
Later,
WEIMER

·
a.k.a. Rusty Shackelford
226 Posts
My last name is Barz, sounds just like bars. Not Bartz like the root beer. People have the hardest time reading it aloud.

I was talking with a secretary one time over the phone, she asked my if I spelled my first name, which is Cory, K-o-r-r-i. What? Do I sound like a stripper? No one would pay to see me naked.

Maybe I could blackmail them with threats of my impending nakedness.:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.