·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrenchers; This is an update from an October 29, 04 post. I had a Cloyes
hex adjust timing set adjuster fail on my Ford 390...it was on the dyno at the
time and resulted in an extra $400 charge for dyno time and machining. The
engine was saved!
I contacted Cloyes and was told to speak with Tim Murphy, V.P. of sales.
He returned a call 10 days later and said he would assist me in finding a
solution to the problem. Simple...pay me.
I spoke with him several times...10 day wait ...and I received lip service
only.
I left a phone message December 29 and I reminded him that 9 weeks had passed and nothing had been accomplished. I asked if he was the right person to be speaking to.
He phoned me Dec. 30th and said he was the correct man to be speaking
with. He stated he had been involved with some more important matters
and had not attended to my situation. Murphy appologized and promised
he would have an answer for me today January 7.
Well, no answer today, nada, zip!!!!
I do not need to berate Cloyes products or defame Tim Murphy, V.P. of
Sales for Cloyes. Tim seems to have done a fine job himself.
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Tim Feeley

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Thanks for the update Tim, sorry you received no satisfaction. All our member rodders would appreciate if you did a review of the product you used in the company reviews section of the Hotrodders website.

Hopefully that will prevent someone else from the heartache you experienced with Cloyes products.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I would call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. It probably will not make a difference, but it will be on permanent record that it happended. Most businesses dont want black marks on their record and will make at least some effort to fix it.

Chris

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
They will probably take care of you....sooner or later. Cloyes is having a hard time keeping up with a high percentage of failures with the tensioners used in the GM Quad-four engines. I imagine that the "more important" issues are the many number of claims they are processing at this time. I'm not trying to excuse their lethargy in taking care of you, it's just that the holiday season wreaks havoc on meeting schedules, etc.

tom

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cloyes Update

Thanks for the support guys! Tim Murphy and I had a friendly? chat a few
minutes ago. I was expecting a call after yesterday's post. There was a concern on their side...wanted to see the receipt. After 10 weeks that pushed my button good! They are still deciding what to do with me. Wanted to know if I wanted any more Cloyes parts...same one that broke. They have not sent checks to individuals, a credit to Summit may be in the working....for what amount I do not know. I explained that I give back what I receive,
yank my chain and expect worse.
Thanks, Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.