Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Rock, I have a problem with my hydraulic clutch and slave cylinder set up. I have a 51 chevy with a 292 6 with a 1" bore on the slave cyl. I have the underdash Kugel set up with a3/4" bore small master cyl. I can't get the throw I need to disengage the clutch, the slave cyl. moves about 1" and it looks like I need another 1/2" to make the clutch system work. Do I need more master cyl, or a smaller slave cyl, I have been working on the car for a long time and at 59 this is my first effort doing a custom street rod, thanks, Rock.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Going with a larger bore master will give you more slave cylinder movement. Is the slave positioned properly so there is little movement before engaging the clutch fingers? Just concerned the slave cylinder might over extend.

And hope you have fun with your project!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply, I'll look at that situation but I think it is in correct position. One thing, would using a smaller bore slave cyl work, one that would match the bore of the master cyl. thanks for your help, Rock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.