Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on all the threads I have read out here, it seems that an overwhelming majority of folks are using the Centerforce Dual Friction clutches.

I have been using a Sachs Power Clutch with my ZZ3 motor and haven't been too impressed with it (major heat spots on the pressure plate after only 800 miles) so I just picked up the Centerforce DF.
To my surprise, when I opened the box, the orange Pressure Plate has a Centerforce sticker on it but the cover is stamped 'SACHS' and appears to be identical to the Sachs Power Clutch pressure plate I have just removed!
What's the deal here? Is Centerforce simply re-packaging Sachs clutches with their own disc and slapping some centrifugal weights on the fingers?
Seems a bit suspicious..

I want to make sure I am installing a clutch that actually works better than the one I pulled out.
Which leads me to another gripe-

Why the hell can't clutch manufacturers list any specs regarding clamping force or recommended HP and Torque limits for their products??
This whole product line seems to be a scam with unsubstantiated claims of "Up To 90% More Holding Force Over Stock" etc.
If we don't know what even the stock specs are, these claims are meaningless.
Anyone have any insight?
Anyone run into the same issues or have the same complaints?
Just trying to get a straight answer.
Thank you for your time.
Elm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Clutch Stuff

Check out Spec clutches. They post the clutch ratings on their web-site. I have no experience with the product,but have not heard any thing bad about the either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts