Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey
Its not a hot rod, its just a Ford laser and front then rear lol! I've got it jacked up and the wheels off (Am lowering it for my brother and then putting mags on it that I've got sitting right next to me! lol! Want to respray it green but hes not sure lol) GOd bless!
Thanks
Troy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Even though I don't know this particular car I think the Ford Laser is a descendant of a Mazda and therefore will most likely have McPherson struts up front. In such a case you have to remove the complete front strut. Then compress the spring with a spring compressor because the spring is still under pressure even without the car's weight (you absolutely have to use a proper spring compressor, if you try a bodge job the spring might slip and this might result in serious injury). While compressed you can take apart the strut, decompress the spring and mount the short spring in the reverse order.

Up rear I'm not sure. But it might be that the rear springs are still under pressure with the car jacked. In this case you'd have to use the spring compressor again to compress the spring before loosenig any bolts or the spring might jump at you!

Regards
Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.