Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 53 Chevy 1/2 ton for my dad and am looking for the best ride ie.. most plush and comfortable) for him. He will not be doing any fast cornering etc.. just a daily driver.

We are leaning toward a fatman Mustang II IFS and a 4 link from fatmanfab any recomondations as far as coil overs vs. air ride would be greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I say go for air. I will never own another custom car that isn't on air. Besides the nice ride, you have the advantage of being able to raise it up for steep driveways and speedbumps.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Air is the only way to go. Adjustable at the touch of a button,no beating you or your passengers to pieces. The load capacity of air bags are pretty impressive.Being that the bags are rubber in material,there will be no sqeaks down the road.

·
Registered
157 Posts
air ride or coil over

I made my choice last year. I went with the air ride from Fatman.
Like youre dad, I was more concerned about the ride quality then entering any slammin' contest.
Hopefully, you figured in the extra cost of the compressor, tank, plumbing, and control valves ? If not, be warned they $$$$
The most important item are the SWAY BARS. The people at Fatman will tell you ( like they told me and everyone else ) you dont need one. That is the biggest bunch of crap!! Worse yet, they dont offer a sway bar with their air ride kit. Check Heidts, or some others..I think they do??
I had to scrounge the junk yards before I found one close enough to fit and still had to have it bent on a press before it fit.
The bar has to clear the bags once they are inflated.
Other then that the bags are O.K..just $$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.