Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Likely will share a platform with the new "pseudo-GTO" The way GM has been going recently, maybe they can just clone something Isuzu builds and badge it Camaro.
If they do their own design work, it will be some snot-nosed kid with auto-cad who never even drove a car with a standard transmission or more than 6 cylinders. Load it up with government mandated and corporate policy crap, de-tune it to meet CAFE standards, then try to hype it as the hottest thing since sliced bread. (and nail the suckers for about $35K for the honor of driving "the New Camaro")

The car industry has been pretty sorry for quite a few years now.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Biggarmike said:
Likely will share a platform with the new "pseudo-GTO" The way GM has been going recently, maybe they can just clone something Isuzu builds and badge it Camaro.
If they do their own design work, it will be some snot-nosed kid with auto-cad who never even drove a car with a standard transmission or more than 6 cylinders. Load it up with government mandated and corporate policy crap, de-tune it to meet CAFE standards, then try to hype it as the hottest thing since sliced bread. (and nail the suckers for about $35K for the honor of driving "the New Camaro")

The car industry has been pretty sorry for quite a few years now.
I dunno, some of the new stuff is cool. THe GTO is a flop, though. ANybody who has a REAL car in their garage ought to be ashamed to call that thing a "GM" or a "muscle car"

I figure why spend 35 or 45k (which I dont' have anyway!) to buy a car that runs low 13's when I can build one (which I did) for less than 10 with total cost of car and motor that runs 12's?

Bah humbug! THe new stuff sucks! Hope somebody buys it though... gotta support our GM workers.

K

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i checked out that thread, man thats cool i hope they bring it back!!!!!

jj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts