Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some bucket seats to put in my torino, and was looking at aftermarket seats like corbeau and stuff, but they won't really match the interior of the car, plus they are quite costly.

Could you guys and gals tell me of some seats out of what year of what car would you suggest, i'm looking for something that will be comfortable, yet hold me in place. They will be recovered and fitted for 5 pt harnesses so if that needs to be taken into account...

thanks
Dubz

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
was looking at these <a href="http://www.corbeau.ca/products/images/forza_black.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.corbeau.ca/products/images/forza_black.jpg</a>

and i don't know if i can get close to that with a recline mechanism even from a wrecker recovered for that kinda price

[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: Dubz ]</p>

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
I dont know how much those seats are, but you could find a decent pair of seats from a junk yard and have them recovered, all for about $500. I have bought quite a few pairs of seats from junk yards for $100 a pair. And you should be able to find an upholstery shop that can recover your seats for about $300-$400.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the forzas are 220 each plus mounting equipment

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
I guess it depends on the look and comfort you are looking for. I personally hate the look and think those race-type seats are very uncomfortable, with out recline mechanisms. Dont get me wrong, seats like that have their place.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't love the look either, but they are growing on me (and i really like the look of the pricetag)

Well i was thinking a while ago, when this was gonna be an all out race car, of the aluminum race seats which also do not recline.

My original seat did not have a recline mechanism either, so i'm not getting any worse, just maybe not getting any better either (other than these will be buckets and weigh about 1/3 as much coming in at 16lbs per seat)

Anyone else have any opinions?? and thanks guys for your input

[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: Dubz ]</p>

·
Registered
21 Posts
This info is not related to type of racing seat you are looking for, dubz, but it can help you find some nice, comfortable seats for almost free. Major seat manufacturers often will build seats for OEM applications. I know one is Recarro. In '85 or '86, Recarro built seats for Mazda for use in the 626. I have a set of these in my '53 Plymouth. Very comfortable and easy to reupholster.

There are other makes from various years to look for and usually the junkyard doesn't want much for them. Sorry I don't know the specifics on which make, models. Maybe someone else does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my Torino i just went to the junkyard and looked till i found a set that i liked, mine came out of a Grand Am and i like the way they turned out
heres some pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts