Hot Rod Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Administrator
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
What did they say Jeff M ?
They are still doing a deeper dive to figure out why some images migrated to thumbnail size with the watermark.

I saw some updates on the ticket from yesterday so it is still on the radar.

Hang tight, we will do our best to get it resolved but could take some additional time.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Ok, will do
Just verified with the team that those images were uploaded as thumbnails with the watermark initially so it was not migrated in error.

Sorry about the confusion but nothing we can do to restore those as that is how they came to the legacy version of the community back in 2006.

I do see some of the other images uploaded in full size here:

Jeff M

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
I uploaded pics to my gallery years ago. After uploading had the Hotrodders.com attached, It was small though, in the corner. I figured Jon, the previous owner did this. The thumbnaisls show at the bottom.

Click on a thumbnail and a pic comes up with the HR.com on it.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,267 Posts
Jeff M ...I never posted any of my pics as thumbnails. And they used to not be thumbnails.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,267 Posts
Jeff M 2006 is when my pictures changed... I have been trying to get them fixed off and on ever since. Your the first admin thats even offered to try to help.

·
Administrator
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Jeff M ...I never posted any of my pics as thumbnails. And they used to not be thumbnails.
Jeff M 2006 is when my pictures changed... I have been trying to get them fixed off and on ever since. Your the first admin thats even offered to try to help.
Unfortunately, we do not have any way to go back to the old database from 2006 to fix those.

Jeff M

·
Lost in the 60's
15,267 Posts
I am really disappointed and have been since Jon sold this site out. I could say more but I won't.

·
©®™
1,299 Posts
Still waiting on this but be assured they are not lost. Hoping before the end of October.

Ticket VE-3756

Jeff M
I thought this might be a good time to see if there is any new info on this issue.
I got another phone call yesterday from a guy asking where the photos in my threads went.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,267 Posts
It's all about the "Benjamins" or whatever they call "C-Notes" in Canada.
Yeh, your right. When they bought the site, they bought the data base....so if the data base is gone then its because they deleted it. Anything deleted can also be retrieved if they are willing to take the time. Nothing is ever really lost.

·
©®™
1,299 Posts
Still waiting on this but be assured they are not lost. Hoping before the end of October.

Ticket VE-3756

Jeff M

I'm losing hope because it has been so long. Please, please fix this! I have long project build threads that covered years of my work and took much time for me to document it all. These threads are all worthless without my photos showing.

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,075 Posts
Hey what is all this crap with a Captcha game. It is bad enough with all the flaws in the site but now I have to play games just to log in to this place! This is absolute BS!

·
Will I ever get it done?
1,027 Posts
I'm losing hope because it has been so long. Please, please fix this! I have long project build threads that covered years of my work and took much time for me to document it all. These threads are all worthless without my photos showing.
I'm thinking all hope is lost along with our project journals. Maybe it is time to start contacting the advertisers and letting them know what we think.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The constant streaming ads , the non chronological listings of threads , the overall clumsiness of navigateing the site , the lost pictures , the ermojis that take forever & aren't worth waiting for , the inability to delete comments & then your password isn't good enough .Yea , they really fixed things !!

·
©®™
1,299 Posts

Ticket VE-3756

Jeff M

A week and no response at all? Please, please provide an update on this issue.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts