Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Eddy,
If this is a street car you might want to look at the Isky Red Zone lifters. They are supposed to be the best ones out there for street use. I have heard of a few issues with the Endure-X but, if it is a street car I highly suggest you run either of the ones listed (Red Zones or Endure-X) that have direct oiling. Also be VERY careful with your spring pressures and keeping an eye on it.

Royce

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks royce.......and yes bracketeer its a solid rollercam!

Royce : i want to use this engine(merlin 540ci) 25%for street use................and 75% strip!

I'm look'n for a big cam with maximum power , and lopey idle .............do you now a big cam?

My combo :
*Merlin 540ci (10.200"deck).
*Callies stealth 4.250"crank.
*SRP 10cc dome (10.25:1 comp) 4.500" bore.
*merlin VR-iron 320cc int run......119cc.(2.30"int valve ......1.88"ex valve) max lift = 0.700.
*Harland/sharp roller rockers 1.7 ratio.
*Manton pushrods.
*Comp cam solid roller lifters(866-16).
*Edelbrock victor intake.
*holley dominator 1150 cfm carb.
*All ARP stuts!!.
*Milodon street/strip oilpan,windage stray,pick-up.
*Melling high perf oil-pump.

Thanks Royce!!

EDDY merlin.

·
eat a beaver, save a tree
672 Posts
camaroman7d said:
Eddy,
If this is a street car you might want to look at the Isky Red Zone lifters. They are supposed to be the best ones out there for street use. I have heard of a few issues with the Endure-X but, if it is a street car I highly suggest you run either of the ones listed (Red Zones or Endure-X) that have direct oiling. Also be VERY careful with your spring pressures and keeping an eye on it.

Royce

what kind of issues? i'm fixen to use a set in a small block myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.