Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i may of done goofed.

i built up a 383 with the intent to run it with the Lingenfelter super ram based on the mass air flow TPI.

Here's the skinny on it
3.75 crank
6" rods
srp forged pistons
11:1 scr
8.5 Dcr
afr195 eliminators
3000 stall converter
1.6 RR
.042 quench
full length headers
i've already calculated my SCR and DCR back about a year ago when i was really working at this project so those figures are correct.

The fuel injection Kicked my *** so it is coming off and i'm going to install a stage1 intake from summit and a 750cfm carb. am i in for any major issues seeing how this cam is for a fuel injection engine and i'm now switching to a carb

Cam specs

07-467-8 - XTREME Fuel Injection (XFI

·
Registered
843 Posts
"The fuel injection Kicked my *** so it is coming off and i'm going to install a stage1 intake from summit and a 750cfm carb. am i in for any major issues seeing how this cam is for a fuel injection engine and i'm now switching to a carb"

I don't understand why. Is 58 deg too much overlap for the Fi system? I don't know what the limits are for closed loop EFI, but I do know some systems have limitations as more unburned fuel is sensed.

Pat

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't understand why. Is 58 deg too much overlap for the Fi system? I don't know what the limits are for closed loop EFI, but I do know some systems have limitations as more unburned fuel is sensed.
I went in and changed basically everything. I bleave that I have overbuilt what the obdI can keep up with or handle and have done so at great expense, I have fought a number of issues aNd it was a money pit. Tpi parts are far and few between and no one has a clue how to tune them here in Hawaii so I'm fitting my loses and selling the fuel injection and going to a carb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.