Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking information and/or history on the Comp T/A edition Trans Am's. My buddy purchased a 1997 Comp T/A off the showroom floor in 1997. It has been parked in an old shop under a cover for three years now. It has 9,000 miles on it. He has finally decided to sell it to me and I am indesperate need to find some kind of history on the Comp T/A editions so we can agree on a price.
I e-mailed Pontiac Corporation and they could provide me with little to go from. I searched many sites relating to Trans Am's and found one photo of a '95 Comp T/A. The Chevrolet dealer has changed ownership since the purchase. Through the new owner, I was able to contact the previous owner. He remembered little except that he come across "that rare edition of those Trans Am's" by purley accident and said he wish he would have kept it with his collection of rare cars. With all this information, I gather that we have something of value here, but do we really?
Any assistance in the search for information on this rare classic would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards, Tyson Reents

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi, I have a '95 Firehawk. The Comp T/As and Firehawks were shipped from GM to SLP in Toms River NJ for final assembly. The Comp T/As are very rare. For lots of info and a forum to talk to other Comp T/A and Firehawk owners go to www.firehawk.org

just checked and there were a total of only 47 Comp T/As built in '97, 30 6-speeds and 17 autos, 40 t-top cars, all silver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts