Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a '98 Chevy/GM rearview mirror that had a temp and compass from a junkyard the other day, and I didn't get the little wiring plug that goes in the back of it, and I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know how to wire this thing, or where to get the plug? It has 7 pins, and starting left to right (looking at the back of the mirror) it reads:

I (? looks like an I, but it's partially hidden behind the cover so I'm not positive)
G
R
0+
0-
T+
T-

I know the compass is built in (or from what I can tell, it is), the temp sensor is in the front of the car so I need to be able to wire that in, along with the power. It also has auto-dimming that comes on when the lights are turned on. I know these mirrors have been used before in hotrods and cars that didn't come with them, so is there a wiring kit available?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been busy and I forgot to respond, sorry about that. It doesn't really help that much, I need like a wiring diagram or a source for a wiring plug that goes into the mirror. :rolleyes: Thanks though. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts