Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 73 Gran Torino as a mild sleeper. I'm having trouble finding a harmonic balancer to replace the old one. My parts guy found one for a 93 F150 and it looks the same but the counter weight is a different shape. The 351W and the 302 are all externally balanced basically the same right? So as long as it was for a 351W it should work right?

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
I'm building a 73 Gran Torino as a mild sleeper. I'm having trouble finding a harmonic balancer to replace the old one. My parts guy found one for a 93 F150 and it looks the same but the counter weight is a different shape. The 351W and the 302 are all externally balanced basically the same right? So as long as it was for a 351W it should work right?
It's unclear whether or not you have an old damper. If you do, send it back to these guys to be rebuilt. If you don't have an old damper, buy a rebuilt unit from them.
Damper Doctor Online - Your source for Harmonic Balancers, Motor Mounts, & Drive Shaft Supports

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
You need a 28 oz imbalance damper if you are running a 351W. All the production 351W engines use this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.