Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jon, just wondering why the size of the pictures in the project journals are so HUGE all the time. I uploaded pictures I have set to a normal size but they always are gigantic, almost not even worth looking at they are so big. Whats the deal with this?

Mike

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
I always use IrfanView and click Resize/Resample to make sure my pictures dont take up 4 screens.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I resize mine in Adobe, usually to about 10x8 inches, always ends up about 10x8 feet, unless it's sent to my gallery, in which case it shows up normal.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
Hi Jon, just wondering why the size of the pictures in the project journals are so HUGE all the time. I uploaded pictures I have set to a normal size but they always are gigantic, almost not even worth looking at they are so big. Whats the deal with this?

Mike
Hi Mike,

What version of Internet Explorer do you use? Version 6 onwards (on SP1 now I think) automatically resize large pics to fit your browzer window. If you hover the mouse over it you'll get an icon at bottom right which you can click if you want to make it full size or vice versa. Hope that helps.

Jacques

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think my home computer is version 5... something with Windows ME. The pictures still are gigantic on the brand new school computers that have the newest versions.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Just your pictures or everyone's? If just yours, you need to resize them before loading them or shoot them w/ your digital camera at lower resolution. I have Paint-shop Pro and love it. Only ~$40 on the street, cheaper occasionally on ebaY and it is a great general graphics program. A couple of key stokes converts from any graphics format to jpg then a couple more to crop to the important part of the photo and a final couple to resize to fit Hotrodders. Life is good!

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As i already said willys I resize them, and it does it with everyones pictures in their project journals, including yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts